Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You are Caller 25!

I was sitting on the couch Friday (before Thanksgiving) late afternoon feeding my nephew Tyler when I heard on the radio to call and if you are caller 25 you could win Alan Jackson tickets. So I thought what the heck I will try. I started calling and was caller 10. I was shocked to hear the person on the line say anything, I had never gotten through before. I stared at the phone for a minute and decided to try again. I called two more times and all the sudden someone was talking to me. They asked me my name and what I was doing, I said matter of factly "sitting on the couch with my kids". The person then said well get up off the couch because you have WON! I started screaming with excitement like a kid in a candy store. I had really never won anything before even those little raffles that people have at work I just don't have good luck. But this time I had actually won! The only problem was it was 4:45pm and I had to pick the tickets up by 5:30pm. I had my nephew Tyler with me and the girls this was going to be a challenge.

Well, I shoved the girls in the car, crammed Tylers car seat in and raced over to the KNCI office. I was totally late because of traffic but the were awesome and waited for me.

The concert was the next night and we had a blast. The tickets were in the lower level and were perfect. We were only a couple rows from the floor. We got there a little late because we made dinner for our babysitters, my big sister who is the best big sister and friend in the world and Micah who is also great. James Otto was up first then Trace Atkins and then Alan Jackson. It was such a great concert. I liked it because it was really chill. Sometimes it is nice when the singer does not try and over perform.

The moral of my story:

Even though you might not succeed or have any luck for a long time just keep trying eventually you will! JUST KEEP SWIMMING! (If you don't know what I just said watch Finding Nemo)




I was trying to teach Brian how to take an America's Next Top Model picture.

Trace Atkins


Alan Jackson



No comments: