Friday, September 30, 2011



Instead of doing multiple posts I just figured I would do per child. Here are a few fun things we have done over the last couple months.

1.) Ben and I are so proud of that red motorcycle. Ben and I found that at Walmart for $10. What a deal! We got it home and I put it together. I was sceptical that I was going to be able to do it but I actually read and followed the directions which I normally don't do. Once I had it put together Ben was so excited he zoomed around the house all day long. He has such a huge fascination with motorcycles.

2.) This picture was taken after one of the worst afternoons ever! We decided to walk to Kiley's school to pick her up. It is only about 6 long blocks away we had done it before and it was not fun but thought this time would be different. It was not hot but I brought water for the kids just in case. One of the streets we have to cross is a major street and then we have to walk down that street 2 blocks. So I put Ben and Maverick in the Jogging stroller, Lea rode her two wheeler (which I will post the video of her riding later) and we put a scooter on the stroller for Kiley. Oh and I had Roxy attached to the stroller. We set off! The ride there was perfect no problems. Once we got there I met a really nice Christian mom who has children about the same age as me it was great. We picked up Kiley and then started back we were in front of Kiley's school and she was riding her scooter in front. She all the sudden stopped and in order to avoid smashing into her I swerved to the right into gravel. Well, apparently mixed in the gravel was thousands of thorns the size of a quarter. They covered the three tires of the stroller and as i tried to push the stroller they just dug in further. So, I got the bright idea to start pulling them out. DUH! All the tires obviously popped and now we were stuck. The stroller would no longer move.
To finish my story we sat on a patch of grass for about 20mins so that I could calm down and prepare for the walk home. It took us an hr and 15mins to get home. Our stroller is now ruined but the good part of it all was that the kids were so exhausted from the walk (because all of them had to walk including Ben but not mavy hehe) that they all took a nap!

3.) This is one of my favorite pictures from the last two months. We met some friends (the Pena's) in long beach for some fun in the sun! Trisha made Ben into a mermaid and the kids played in the sun all day. The kids had a blast and it was so nice to see some friends from home!

4.) This is Ben on his birthday. Since we were not in sac for his bday we had just a small little party with some of the new people that we had met. It was a blast getting to know new friends. We also had an old friend of mine that was there too. It was an enjoyable night. You can tell Ben was happy by the ice cream on his face!

5.) We WERE (story for another day) potty training Ben and one of the things he liked to do was pee in the grass. I was shocked since I don't have any brothers but from what I found out is that this is a common thing for little boys.

Well, this is some of the things that Ben has been up to. I will update Lea next!

No comments: