Monday, June 2, 2008

Doctor Trouble

When I became a Mom I figured that my doctor would treat me kids ouchies the way that I do, with care, concern, empathy and as their number one priority. Oh boy was I wrong! Let me preface this with saying my doctor is amazing. He is very good at what he does and I have no doubt in the world that if something was majorly wrong with one of our kids he would take fabulous care of them.
I am not going to go into detail of what I have been dealing with since Lea has been born so if you want to know then you can ask me but for now I believe I am just going to vent. I just have not decided who I am more angry with my doctor, the office or the insurance we have.
I know their are other kids that have way more problems than my kids. In fact, I should be counting my blessings that my kids are as healthy as they are. But, for some reason all I can do is be frustrated that I have been pushed aside as if nothing is wrong, when I know something is not right.
I know that the medical field is not an easy field to work in and I am sure that some parents can be the doctor's worst nightmare so here are my questions. When do the parents and the doctor's start to work together as a team for the child? Does it have to be a major illness before this happens? or is this something that does not happen any more? Are pediatricians better for kids than a family doctor? (I am sure this question has been debated for years)
As of now I am done. I am at the end of my rope and I am not sure where to go from here. I am not getting any help (so I feel). I am fighting this battle for my child on my own. My answer so far has been oh we think this is wrong lets give her medicine. Wrong! I am not going to put my child on medicine because you have a guess. If I agreed with the guess then maybe, but I don't. I know that something else is wrong.
In the meantime my daughter is still having issues and I will still try and be the best advocate for her I can. So, if I can enlist every ones help to pray for our family especially Lea that either she will grow out of what is causing her problems or that the doctors can give us a definite answer as to what is wrong.

No comments: