Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Doctor Update!

This morning Lea, Kiley and I went to see a pediatrician. This was an enlightening experience. This doctor was in depth about her questions and seemed to have better information than I have been getting. I believe as if she is going to follow through with making sure that Lea gets the care that she needs (instead of making a diagnosis and then forgetting about her). The doctor's assistant was extremely nice too, she even gave me a hug. I left her office feeling like they really cared and that I got some of the answers to my questions.

I think one of the things I was expressing to Brian is that I am expecting for a doctor to meet me at some emotional level. What I have been forgetting is that they are trained to keep their emotions out of their work. So, that is why they hire loving assistants to take care of that for them. For now I am going to stick with her and I will pray that she works out for our family.

I appreciate everyone who prayed that we would find some help. I am sometimes not really good with change but I am hopefully optimistic (like I usually try and be) that this new doctor will all work out for the best. Plus, she is only about 10 mins from our house. Our other doctor was 45 mins, what a relief!

No comments: