Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We'll be comin around the mountain when we come

Ok, so you might be wondering what the title of this post means, well it means that we are on our way to the mountains, MONTANA to be exact. Brian took off work, Lea is feeling some what better and now we are taking a 20 hour car ride to visit some of Brian's family.

The last time we went Kiley was only 5 months old. We drove with Brian's mom, all of his siblings and Mikey's girlfriend Christina. Kiley actually did better then anyone else in the car. She only cried twice. My biggest fear is that this car ride is going to be miserable.

This time it is only Brian and I and the girls. So, we only have two adults able to drive instead of seven. Lea hates the car even if we only drive down the street she will scream the entire way. Kiley is potty training or is potty trained (whatever you want to call it) so we will have to stop at least every hour and a half for her to go potty. So we figured that we will try and take our time and we will most likely have to stop a ton but I think we are ready to face the adventure. Oh, yeah I am not a huge fan of drugging our children but I heard that benadryl works to calm a child down so I have some just in case.

Please pray that we have a safe trip on the way there and back. Oh, and that Brian and I do not strangle each other and instead we can enjoy the 20 hours we have to spend alone as a family.

I will TRY and post at least twice while we are gone. I am sorry in advance if I just don't get around to it because I don't really know exactly what we are going to be doing. If I don't then I will obviously update when we get back in July.

Have a great 4th....know Brian will (nothing is illegal in Montana).

1 comment:

the mathisons said...

when dale and I were still dating we went to Montana with his family to his grandpa's cabin. I remember it being over the 4th because we had a whole bunch of somewhat illegal fireworks. The fourth came and the only light show we saw was some awesome thunderstorms...Crazy stuff! We did however celebrate the 5th! It is beautiful there!
As far as the car ride... we have had many... they are not as bad as we thought but they sure are an experience. Look at it as some memorable family times and great blog material. Have a safe trip... good seeing you guys at the party!