Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Montana Update

So, I am sure some of you are wondering what the two day car ride was like well, It was not as bad as I though it would be. It was not without at least a couple hours of screaming from my bundle of joy, Lea. Oh, and Kiley figured out really quick what would make us stop the car. She would tell us about every hour that she had to go to the bathroom and I would take her and she would not go (of course). The only good thing about that is she did not have any accidents.

I think the hardest thing I had to deal with the whole two days was trying to get Lea to sleep on the floor of a hotel room. About 10:30pm on Thursday night we decided to start looking for a hotel to stay in. We did not find one until about midnight. We got all settled in and then we had to transfer the kids (realizing that we didn't have a bed for Lea). We tried to lay her on top of a blanket on the floor. She got right up and began running away from us. She was laughing and was wide awake. I was so tired and frustrated all I wanted to do was sleep. Brian thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Finally after about a half hour Brian gave Lea a bath, I gave her some benadryl and we put the night stand at the end of the bed. Lea was blocked between the bed and the wall, she screamed for another half hour and then finnally crashed. By the way did I mention that I was TRYING to sleep and Brian was running around with Lea just cracking up.

Overall the two days went pretty well.

Here are a few pictures that we took on the drive to billings, Montana where we stayed the whole week with Brian's cousins:






Finally we arrived...it was a long drive and we could not wait to get out of the car. The girls were so excited to run away and did not want to go back in the car for a couple days.

There will be more pictures of Brian and the rest of us fishing and of course check back for the fireworks show.

No comments: