Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Joy's of Being a Mom!

There are no pictures to this one just a great story about being a Mom.

I have always wanted to have kids, even when I was little I used to think about what my kids would look like and the fun things we would do together. I never thought about spit up, throw up, getting pooped or peed on or anything to that nature. So far I have been able to avoid almost all of it (except when they were babies and they leaked a little out of their diapers). I am talking about the major you are truly a mom incidents. That was until Monday morning. It started out like one of those fun times I used to think about. The girls and I were playing in our bed, we were laughing and tickling each other and just having a fun time. I was laying down on my side and Lea was sitting by my chest and Kiley was by my head. Our fun lasted for a good 20 minutes and then it happen...

Lea threw up all over my face! A huge puddle landed in my eye and then trickled down my face into my ear and hair. Kiley was so shocked she burst into tears. She was screaming thru her tears "Mommy, Mommy, are you ok"? The only thing I could do at that point was laugh. I laughed, Kiley cried and Lea just looked at both of us like we were crazy, after all she felt much better after getting all that food out.

So I grabbed something to wipe the stuff off my eyes so I could see Kiley. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was (if you have a weak stomach I would stop reading) white chunks from the cottage cheese and yogurt I had given her for breakfast. Right then I wiped the rest of the stuff off my face and the girls and I climbed out of bed. I put a whole bunch of toys in the bathroom and jumped in the shower. If I thought or smelled what was on my face I too would be throwing up my breakfast.

So, now I feel like I have been initiated and have officially been dubbed a MOM!

Happy Mothers Day to all!

1 comment:

The Runner Bunch said...

It's probably a good thing pictures did not accompany this post!! Love the story though. :)